2012-09-07

today's harvests!

Since September has started, the weather is crazily changeable.
Very sunny, suddenly rains, lightning and thunder.....
Instead of cicadas, we hear crickets chirping at night.
Autumn is approaching.....
Before that, we have to go through typhoons.

I went to a pottery class today and found my completed art works.




They are for my father!
He asked me to make flowerpots.




They are as small as my palm.
He likes to put moss and a small maple in it.

No glaze over them.
Instead, they were burnt with charcoal, sawdust and chaff together.
They were carbonized.
I like this unevenness of both color and texture.

My father loves them!
He enjoyed viewing them tonight, eating dinner and drinking beer.

Next art works are....




 
Leaf-shaped plates!
Some were not colored as I expected.
But my most favorite plate is.....




This one!
The leaf started withering.

My father also liked and wanted this one.
But I insisted this was mine!
I promised I would make the same one for him soon.

So today's harvests are......




My father took 3 pots and one blue plate.
3 plates are left for me.
Only 3....

But it's alright!
I made more today.




5 dishes!
It was easy to make them
First, I made the same weight of clay lumps.
Pots are 350g and cups are 200g each.
Then I just shaped them like I played with clay.

I'll scrape them roughly at next class.
At class, there aren't any lists of dishes I have to make.
I just make whatever I like to make and teachers help me.

Although I'm getting busier, I try to make my own time to become myself!

I hope you also have time to return to yourself!
Take time to smell roses!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment