2012-06-05

YUZU

YUZU is my favorite artist.
Actually "yuzu" means Japanese citrus.
They said when they were eating yuzu sherbet, they decided their group name.
I went to their 15th debut anniversary concert at Tokyo Dome.





I have been their fan since 2006.
My sister was already their fan and often went to their concert.
One day, she took me to their concert.
Then I was strongly attracted to their songs, politeness and performance.
Every time they finish singing, they bow.
And at the end of the concert, they always say, "THANK YOU!!" without microphones.
Now I have joined their fan club since then.

The uniqueness of their concert is all of us always exercise together at first.
We all know this exercise called "Radio Exercises" because we have to learn at elementary school.
Although the space is limited at concert hall, we really enjoy it, especially when all of us jump, the concert hall is shaking!
Yesterday, there were about 50,000 fans at Tokyo Dome.
It was funny moment when we all jumped together.

This is their debut song, "Natsuiro, the color of Summer."
All fans love this song very much!
Fans ask them to sing the impressive melody line again and again, saying "Moh Ikkai, once more."
They are very kind enough to sometimes repeat 6 or 7 times.




They are very popular and famous now.
But 15 years ago, they were singing at street in Yokohama, where I was born.
They are also from Yokohama.
They were forerunners of street musicians to become professional in Japan.




Before debut, they were always singing in front of  Matuzakaya department store in Yokohama which was closed now.
I love this song titled, "Rain and Tears."
They sing, "Don't cry so much. I'm with you. So please start walking....."
I guess it was filmed by one of their fans.

After their debut, they were on Japan's most popular TV program at New Year's Eve in 2003.
They came back to their starting point and sang.
You see so many people at narrow street in the below video.




And the last music I introduce is I believe all Japaneses know because it was an official theme song of the Athens Olympic Games in 2004.
The title is "Eikoh no Kakehashi, the bridge of glory."
I love this song too.
I can't listen to this song without tears.
My personal events and their songs are always linked and remember how I felt at that time.

I briefly translated their songs.
I hope you understand the meaning.



The Bridge of Glory

There were tears you never showed to anybody and shed behind the scene
It was never a easy journey but it was the way you definitely walked on
It was the way to your dream which you almost gave up again and again

You got over many days and you have NOW you achieved
So you go on without hesitation
To the bridge of glory....

There were nights when you couldn't sleep due to vexations
There were nights when you were shivering with fear
You gave up hope, hated everything and was about to run away
But you can remember you were supported by many and kept walking

Ahead of sorrow and pain, there is light
Let's go! Don't look back and start running
To the sky filled with hope

There were tears you never showed to anybody and shed behind the scene

You got over many days and you have NOW you achieved.
So you go on without hesitation
To the bridge of glory....
To the journey never ending...
To the bridge to your heart....



2 comments:

  1. Love the last song "The Bridge of Glory", loving the lyrics, very positive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I wish they sing English songs.

    ReplyDelete