2013-07-26

A prayer to stop the pattern of people trying to take advantage of you

Today I just found a perfect prayer for me.
 
My self-esteem is sometime law and in order to cover it, I give or offer too much to others. There are not always good-natured people but they sometimes take advantage of me. When I realize it, I am drained.
 
I realized my bad habit and tried to get out of the situations and people but I entered into another such a situation. I like to support and help people but I don't want to be taken advantage of. So I should be tough to draw healthy boundaries.
 
When I'm in such a group or with such persons, I feel I am limited and suffocated. On the other hand, I feel I am limitless and my possibility and future will be expanded with supportive persons who can honor me.
 
That's why I was not good these days. But after I found out the reason, I'll be alright.
 
When I choose to honor myself and draw healthy boundaries, some say something bad about me. But I won't mind and I'll choose more freedom. I went thorough those situations many times and I became stronger and tougher.
 
If some of you feel the same way I do, the below prayer is good for you.
 
Please honor yourself and attract persons who also honor you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is from Doreen Virtue's FB
 
 
A prayer to stop the pattern of people trying to take advantage of you:

“Dear God,
I realize that in the past I didn’t feel worthy of attracting and maintaining true friendships. In those moments, I taught people about my feelings of low self-worth by doing too much for them, without expecting anything in return.

Now that I realize this pattern, I need your help to disentangle myself from tho
se who have learned they can take advantage of my generous nature and low self-esteem. Please send your mighty Archangel Michael to shield me from people who do not act in integrity.

Please help me to have the strength to say “No” to unreasonable requests, and to not be swayed by manipulations. Please help me to learn how to ask for and receive help from others, instead of always being the one who gives until I’m drained.

Thank you for replenishing my energy and helping me to value myself. Thank you for sending true supportive friends to me, and helping me to let go of people who don’t honor me. Amen.”
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It's a hard realisation to wake up and know that you have done this. I have spent a life of giving, only to get to the point where everywhere I turn, I am used up and spat on. And now it is happening to my children and grand children. I am tired. I want the best for people, I want to see the good in people, I want everyone to not suffer and to be blessed, yet few want that for me - and then I feel guilty thinking this and on it goes. I have prayed this prayer today. Let's see how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete