2013-01-04

Beautiful Sunset

 
 

It was a beautiful sunset today. We have been blessed with sunshine since the New Year's eve.
How was your New Year holiday? I hope all had a wonderful holiday with your loved ones.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is the year of Snake in 2013. This painting of snake and a schedule book this year are from my friend who is designated as traditional craftsperson in Japan. He is originally a carver for Yuzen-dyed kimono in Kyoto. He sends me and my sister a schedule book for the past few years.
And you can see how he cuts patterns here. http://www.wadazen.com/movhori.html
At his studio, you can try to dye T-shirt!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I went to his studio, I found this Goddess painting and  I fell in love with it. But I thought since this was the only one, it must have be expensive. But I couldn't give it up and a few years later I asked him to sell this for me. Then I finally got this at very good price!!
 
I like to spend more time on artistic activities this year. And I also like to challenge new fields and meet new people in business too.
 
For my New Year, I went to see my niece and nephew with my sister. I haven't seen them for 3 years. They grew up a lot. They are so cute and we had a fun time together. I hope I can see them more often.
  
 


 
 
 
I wish the year 2012 be fantastic and all our dreams be come true in the perfect way!!!
Chiaki
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment