2012-10-28

Mt. Koya


October is ending soon and we have only 2 more months this year.
It's getting cooler in Japan but I heard it's much warmer than in Seattle and most of you miss the weather in Japan. I hope all of you are fine and recovered fully.
As for me, I finished paper work and have some time until the next job as an interpreter unless new tours are assigned to me suddenly. I'll spend days doing artistic works like painting and pottery-making since I have to make pottery for the next year's show my pottery school holds in March.
I'm getting good at keeping balances these days.
 
I like to post photos of tour little by little.
Please enjoy them!
 
At the first day of sightseeing, we went to Mt. Koya.

Mount Koya (Koyasan) is the center of Shingon Buddhism, an important Buddhist sect which was introduced to Japan in 805 by Kobo Daishi (also known as Kukai), one of Japan's most significant religious figures. A small, secluded temple town has developed around the sect's headquarters that Kobo Daishi built on Koyasan's wooded mountaintop. It is also the site of Kobo Daishi's mausoleum and the start and end point of the Shikoku 88 Temple Pilgrimage.
 

 
 
Mausoleum of Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first shogun of Tokugawa 
 
 
Mausoleum of Tokugawa Hidetada, the 2nd shogun

 

Shyojin-ryori, vegan meal


the way to Okunoin Temple


Kongobuji Temple


Garden at Kongobuji Temple




The vegan meal was simple but very tasty and healthy!




No comments:

Post a Comment