2011-08-15

the anniversary of the end ot the Second World War


A-bomb Dome in Hiroshima

Aug. 15th is an unforgettable day for Japanese. On the date of 66 years ago, it was the end of the Second World War. There are other unforgettable days in August. The first A-bomb was drooped in Hiroshima on 6th and the second one was in Nagasaki on 9th.

It is very difficult to talk about the war. All the countries have their opinions. Of course, Japanese have! And I have!!

Whenever I take a group to Hiroshima and Nagasaki, I have to talk about the war. I try to be objective and talk about the timeline and data. I trust how they felt when they visited the sites and museums. And at last I always say, `I don't add and extract anything.  Please trust what you felt here and relay the message.'

I often had a group of mixed nationalities. It is very sensitive and difficult time as a guide. When I have a group of Asian members, I shouldn't take them to Shinto shrines and talk about Emperors.

Twice in my guide life, I had a group of old Americans and Germans. I was with both groups about 2 weeks. The Third World War was almost started between them. One German couple who were very nice but treated badly by Americans in one group said war was not the subject but the object. I like this phrase. Another German lady in another group actually said the war still continued. In my point of view, she was a very difficult lady and it was not the problem of the countries but the problem of herself.

No wonder why I'm so strong mentally! I met so many people from many countries and went thorough unbelievable experiences.

Although we suffered from A-bomb in 1945, we didn't learn anything. The nuclear power plants in Fukushima were exploded following on the heels of the earthquakes this year. As for this, not only I but also many Japanese citizens would like to say many things. But I try not here.

More and more of us start to think of environment and seek the way to live an eco-friendly life. When we destroy the environment, we can't live in this planet. We are powerless in front of Nature. Please stop fighting. Live peacefully.

Considering a long history of this planet, we, the human beings are newcomers. We have obligations to pass this planet to our children and our children have rights to receive this planet as we did from our parents.
Please alway remember this fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment